ads

Chapter 6 Departure Day




 Ten days have passed since then. Time flies so fast.


 Until then, nothing had changed and everything had been peaceful.


 The only unusual thing is that Reese comes every night when I go to bed.


 She would cuddle up to me like a replacement for a body pillow.


 Even so, there were days when she couldn't sleep, and at such times, she fell asleep when I stroked her gently as if she was relieved.




 Life at the orphanage was unexpectedly fun. I don't know if it's because I've never experienced it, but it was a fulfilling day.


 But that life was coming to an end.




 The day has finally come to leave the orphanage and embark on a journey.


 When I headed for the exit, everyone else had already gathered.




"see you"


"Come again!"


"It was delicious! Thank you!"




 Each child said what they wanted to say and shook hands.


 And finally, Sista.




"I'm sorry. I really want to be with you more, but this is also a rule..."


“Don’t worry about it. I don't have any resentment or anything like that. So please don't worry."


"You're a really good kid... I'll never forget you. If you feel like it, come and see me anytime. I'll always be waiting for you."


"yes"




 I embraced Sista-san, and when I left, Reese was looking at me.




"What's wrong? Don't make such a sad face."


“…………”


"You promised me before, didn't you? We'll meet again."


"Yes.... but……"




 It seems that the atmosphere is likely to follow as it is, whether it has not yet taken off.




"It's okay. I won't die so easily. you know it, right?"


"yes……"


"By the time we meet next time, I'll become a splendid adventurer. Look forward to it, okay?"


"yes……"


"Well, it's time for me to go soon. See you later."


"Ah……"




 I hug Reese tightly.


 When I stroked it gently, she started crying.




"I... I'm going to see you..."


"ah"


"When I turn 13... I'm going to see Zest-kun...! That's why... don't die...?"


"Don't worry. We'll definitely meet again."




 I just kept hugging her.


 When I left Reese after a while, she had already stopped crying.




"Well then. Take care of yourself."


"Yeah... See you soon!"




 Reese waves her hand and sees me off.


 With that in mind, I decided to walk away.






 Royal capital Celestia. It's the big city where I'm now.


 Life as an adventurer begins here.




 Being a big city, it is quite spacious. If you don't have a map in hand, you'll get lost.


 But I have a general grasp of the surrounding geography. That's why I was able to move forward without getting lost in the familiar town.


 The destination is the Adventurer's Guild.




 I need to register at the adventurer's guild, and I have to earn money by exterminating monsters.


 Because I'm penniless now. Well not completely penniless, but I still want the actual thing.




 As I continued walking through the city, I arrived at my destination.


 This is the adventurer's guild. It's a familiar place for me.




"Well then... shall we go?"




 I approached the building and walked through the door.





If you like my work please support me Ko-fi




Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads